12/2/09

Inspiration at the Arboretum


Photos from the Dallas Arboretum

So I hope you are having a good week! Monday was an absolutely beautiful day, so hubby, our oldest daughter and I went to the Dallas Arboretum www.dallasarboretum.org just to get outdoors and have a relaxing time. The Dallas Arboretum is just great, however, in the fall there aren't as many flowers to look at, but still beautiful nonetheless. For me, it was just very inspirational and my head was full of quilting ideas (naturally), so I just wanted to share some of the hundred or so photos that I took that day. As mentioned in a previous post, it is just amazing where inspiration and ideas come from, and nature is just full of inspiration. I can (and will) look at the photos I took time and time again, and each time something new will jump out at me, or a new idea will take root. Because I love to applique, the unique trellises and different serene scenes give me so many ideas for appliqued wallhangings. I love the different textures and colors of the trees, especially in autumn when the leaves are changing or gone all together. The trees take on such different character in autumn, like giants getting ready to do battle against the winter winds. They disrobe and seem to stand stark in the cold, unmoving and strong. Ah well...enough of that!

I have a baby quilt to finish this week, and it would seem that the week is already half over and I have thousands of stitches to go before I sleep!

Enjoy the photos! Happy sewing and quilting!!



No comments:

Post a Comment