4/4/10

Batting Review and Other Ramblings

Good evening all! The weather has been just beautiful this weekend, so I am hoping it persists. I love the nice temperatures and being able to open the windows and air out the house. Today, I have a review for you! (Exciting, right?!) And just some other things to chat about.

PRODUCT REVIEW
Today's review is on Bamboo Batting...specifically, Fairfield Bamboo Batting. I used the Fairfield Bamboo Batting for the first time in a baby quilt last week, and I have to tell you that this is probably THE most wonderful batting I have ever used! It is 50% Bamboo/50% Organic Cotton Batting, and has a soft, very silky feel. It is so easy to work with for machine quilting. It is light to medium in weight, about 3/16 of an inch thick, and can be quilted up to 8” apart. You can buy prepackaged, craft, twin, or full/queen sizes. I found it at my local Joann’s store, but you can buy it online as well at www.equilter.com. You can sew even Greener when using this batting because Fairfield donates a portion of the proceeds from their bamboo battings to support environmental and ecological initiatives. I just can't say enough good things about this batting, and will be buying more in the very near future!

This next week, for me, brings sewing and quilting projects. There is a lap quilt for a client to start and a Renaissance shirt for hubby to sew (this has been a "back burner" project for way too long now, so time to get it done!). Also, I have some cute fabric and patterns to sew little summer outfits for our GBaby Lily!! I am going to try to fit the sewing in around the quilting, as I have 3 client quilts on my plate right now. So, despite not having being employed, I seem to stay pretty busy! Hubby will be out during the day working the part-time temp job, which he was laid off from....and then they decided they needed him again!! Yeah!

The AQS Paducah Quilt Show is this month...wish we could go! But, it should be exciting to see the quilts online that win!! Always inspiring to see what other quilters do!!

Oh...we went to see "Alice in Wonderland" for the second time last night. I have really enjoyed the movie so much, and the costumes are absolutely wonderful!! Check out this site...http://alice-kingsley.livejournal.com/ for more on the costumes! I haven't seen any sewing patterns out for the costumes...yet...but I am sure they will be coming out. If you have seen any patterns, please let me know!!

Hope your week is starting off well! Happy Sewing and Quilting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment