5/13/10

Ah Springtime...


Yes, it's definitely springtime...the birds are singing...flowers are blooming...and the storms and tornadoes are in full swing! Last weekend, hubby and I went camping in Oklahoma and got back on Sunday night, just a day before the tornadoes hit there!! Whew!

It really was gorgeous when we were camping...temps were very nice! We went on a nature hike and saw this 100 year old pine tree...12 1/2 feet in diameter and 72 feet tall!! (see photo above) It was truly spectacular! A lot of flowers were in bloom (see photo above), and we saw cardinals and bluejays too! Lots of butterflies and some dragonflies were out catching some sun. The nights were chilly though!

Still working on Purple Quilt!! The top is finished and I have a back almost ready to go...just a bit of ironing and then on to the basting (not my fav part!). I am always happy to get a quilt basted and then on to the quilting part. For Purple Quilt I have bought some Fairfield Fusi Boo batting...just apply a hot iron to it and voila...quilt is basted! (okay...it may not be quite that easy...but almost!).  This batting is cotton and bamboo...and as you all know, bamboo batting is a "green" product because it is sustainable. I have used fusible battings in the past, and like them very much, but this will be the first time for Fusi Boo, so a product review will be forthcoming!!

Before hubby and I went camping, I did manage to finish my "Camping" quilt. It is a patchwork quilt with large patches, an old sheet for the back and minimal quilting. I did not bind this quilt, just used the sew and flip method to make it fast and easy. It was very comfy and fit the pop up bunk perfectly!! (photos will be forthcoming)

This week I have had little time to quilt, but plan to work on Purple Quilt today and hopefully get that finished...um...this month!! As I have two more commission quilts waiting for me to start, I had better get a move on!!

That's it for today! Let me know what you are working on! For next time, I would like to know how many of you embroider??!! I have some embroidery projects and will discuss embroidery soon.

Happy Sewing and Quilting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment