10/9/10

Quilting Marathon

Lily rides Grandpa!



Lily in the dirt!

Well, yesterday I had a quilting marathon day! I quilted for 6 hours, pretty much non-stop!! But, I got a twin size quilt all quilted, made the binding and sewed it on...now I just have to hand sew the back of the binding on...and voila...another quilt to deliver! But man, do my shoulders hurt today!! Note to self...when doing a quilt marathon, get up and walk around more and exercise shoulders!!  I have two more quilts to finish in fairly short order, so I know that more quilt marathon days are in my future. How many of you have quilt marathon days?

I started cleaning out my closet the other day and decided to only donate clothing that I couldn't cut up for quilt fabric...sewing green! Now where to store the clothes that will be kept for this purpose??! We are trying to clear our house of things we don't need or don't use. This is going to be a long process for sure!


My what a big stick you have!

So, our little GBaby Lily turned 1 this week! Seems like she was JUST born!! Anyway, we took her and her parents, our youngest daughter and her friend to the park for a picnic (see photos above). We had a great time and despite her bath previous to the picnic, Lily played in the dirt and got rather dirty!! Oh well...babies wash up pretty well!! :)


I am having trouble designing a quilt for a customer...Japanese theme...any suggestions or comments??!! Help!! The quilt is due in November, so it feels like I am running out of time....!!


Lately, I have had an urge to embroider and have a project or two waiting in the wings. Perhaps I will wait for really cold weather to start my embroidery projects?! Just seems like it has been a while since I have done any real serious embroidery...even though I have combined some embroidery in a few quilt projects.


Well, time to get back in the sewing room!! It's beautiful weather...so maybe I will get outside today.

Happy Sewing and Quilting!!


Such a sweet face!


No comments:

Post a Comment