1/20/11

Snowball Blizzard!


Snowball quilt
  
Butterflies on Snowball quilt


Back of Snowball quilt

Close up shot











Well, I delievered the Snowball quilt (photos above) yesterday to a very happy customer! Yeah...I love those happy customers! Since the snowball quilt was a hit, and I really enjoyed making the snowball blocks, I am currently making a snowball wallhanging...it's a snowball blizzard in my sewing room!! This snowball wallhanging has been rather interesting to design...my client wanted "a Texas themed wallhanging using Asian fabrics"...oookay...!! I had to really put on my thinking and design cap, and consult my graphics designer hubby to come up with this one!! The top is done, now the quilting is underway on this unusual wallhanging. I used 4 1/2 inch squares combined with 1 1/2" squares to make the snowballs...yes, I have lots of tiny little triangles left over. I did some hand applique and used some Texas graphics and fabrics and voila...a wallhanging that is going to Japan!! Whew! Photos will be posted before delivery.

There are some projects I am itching to make, so I am hoping after the Japan-bound wallhanging is delivered I can begin some of my long awaited projects. One project is to make a soft doll for my granddaughter...I actually found a cute pattern in a quilt magazine and I have gathered all of the necessary supplies to put it together! My youngest daughter is due a quilt from me...fabric is gathered, now I just need to design a quilt and put it together...poof...a quilt will be born!!

Lately, hubby and I have been in "cleanout" mode...trying to clean out closets, etc. I have found so much good fabric this way! I have clothes to cut up and stash...yippee...more fabric!! :) Actually, I have also decided that a button jar...box...whatever...is in order. Do you realize how many buttons you can recycle...or repurpose from old clothing?? I really hadn't thought about it until I started cutting clothing up for fabric. You can actually cut the zippers out and repurpose those. I have seen those great flower brooches that you make with zippers and might give it a try! Sewing green...saving the earth...you gotta love it! Have you found any great fabric sources? I love to repurpose and reuse stuff...it just makes me feel good!

Now it's time to get to quilting!! What projects have you completed in 2011? (I know its early in the year, but maybe you started something last year and finished this year!!) What are you currently working on?

Happy Sewing and Quilting!


More butterflies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment