8/19/13





Happy Monday Everyone!

I hope you had a good weekend! Mine was spent running errands, organizing and cleaning...and fighting with my really old computer to work! I really really meant to sew...but, by the time I got everything else done, the weekend was pretty much shot. Oh well...I will try again next weekend!

So, as you know, I am expecting 2 more grand babies in January...very exciting! Of course, that means sewing lots of baby items, like nursery sets, bibs, baby quilts and burp cloths. Speaking of burp cloths, I have a method of making burp cloths, which I have mastered over the past several years, but I was looking for a bit of a different style to make for the new babies. I found this really cute raggy edge pattern that I want to try. It's over here at http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2008/01/burp-cloth-tutorial.html. After I finally got my computer working again yesterday, I printed out the pattern and will attempt to make it this week. I will post photos of the finished beta test product. 













We are having a gender reveal party Friday night for both my daughter and daughter-in-law. I'm very excited to be finding out the gender of both babies on the same night! Back in the day, we didn't have gender reveal parties for babies, or even half the time know what the gender was! With my girls, the doctors got it wrong on both accounts. I was told they were both going to be boys...um..nope! Well, I guess there is a 50/50 chance!

Oh, in my shopping spree...I mean running errands chore...this weekend, I bought a swaddling pattern that is so cute! http://www.simplicity.com/p-7471-babies-swaddling-sacks.aspx. I plan on making at least one for each baby! If you don't want to buy a swaddling pattern, just Google free ones. There are several out there that are pretty cute!

Well, that's it for today! I'll be back later this week. In the meantime...

Happy Sewing & Quilting

I will leave you with a cute parting photo of my granddaughter Miss L and her daddy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment