12/19/09

One Quilt Down...More to Go!


So, I finally finished the baby quilt for my friend (photos at left), and she loves it! Whew! I actually made another top for this project, but it wasn't that great, so I made the top you see here (with the artistic advice of hubby) and like it much better. The back of the quilt is red chenille...decidedly not my favorite fabric to work with! Finally found the red chenille at www.fabric.com where they seem to have pretty much what I need when I am in a pinch for fabric. Red chenille was tough to find...which was surprising! Anyway, my kitties seem to love the chenille, so I am thinking they may get a small  "cat nap quilt" made with it.

Now on to the next project...making another baby quilt for another friend...pink and brown this time. Just got some great fabric and now I need to get a little more so I can start on it. I am seeing pinwheels in my head for this quilt...but will keep you posted!

I have been babysitting my grandbaby Lily some in the past several weeks and am loving every minute of it! At two and a half months her personality is really starting to develop and with her red hair, perhaps a bit of a temper too. She is adorable and I am a doting grandmother...so what more can I say!!

Pirate Quilt is still a work in progress and probably will be for a while yet. I just haven't had much time lately to sit and work on it. I am working on the Kraken block and since this is a block of my own design, I am excited to see how it turns out. Hubby designed the last block for me...the actual Pirate block. The pirate that was in the quilt kit was just too cartoony looking, so hubby found a much better, more realistic pirate for me...can't wait to see how that one turns out too!

As they say, Sew may quilts...sew little time!! Guess that is how it goes! Oh...BTW...the movie AVATAR is really good...you should go see it!! We are looking forward next week to the new Sherlock Holmes movie too!

Well, that's it for now. Happy Sewing and Quilting!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment