2/27/11

Baby Panel Quilt and Fiskars Snip Review


Back of Baby Panel quilt

Baby Panel Quilt



Close up of Baby Panel Back


Close of of Front

Happy Sunday All!

Just wanted to post some quick photos of a Baby Panel quilt I finished yesterday (see photos above and at end of post). This was a very fun, fast and easy baby quilt to make! I just added a border (green dots) to the baby panel, used fusible batting that I had left over from another quilt project; quilted it around the blocks on the panel, in the ditch and in the border; then sewed the binding on! I normally hand sew the back of the binding on, but for this quilt I sewed the binding on the back of the quilt by machine and then sewed the binding down on the front by machine...doing it this way made it so fast! I think it turned out very cute...oh and check out the back...cute bunnies!! This quilt would be great for either a boy or a girl, because it has bright colors and the back bunnies are pink and white on a blue background. It is always so fun to get a quilt project done quickly...very gratifying!

PRODUCT REVIEW

Today, I thought I would review a product that I use ALL the time when sewing and quilting. In fact, this product is one I highly recommend and I wouldn't sew or quilt without it! The product is the Fiskars Short Cut Snip (6.5") and it retails for under $10. These snips make super quick, tiny clips and are great for cutting random threads, snipping thread after sewing a seam, even ripping out a seam! I don't use seam rippers any more, I just use my snips! My snips live next to my sewing machine so they are handy for any project I am working on. Fiskars makes them, so they are top quality! Snips are small and very portable, so you can take them to class or throw them in your portable sewing bag. They also come in handy when doing hand embroidery. Get a pair and you will use them everyday!

***Don't forget...March 11-13 is the Dallas Quilt Show!! I am getting so excited and can't wait!!

Well, that's it for today. Enjoy the photos and I hope the product review is helpful to you! Let me hear your comments!!


Happy Sewing and Quilting!
Close up of Baby Panel Quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment