3/31/10

Dallas Quilt Show Review & Catch Up

And a bright, sunny, spring afternoon to everyone! March was such a busy month for us...all kinds of things going on...it was pretty crazy, which is why I haven't blogged lately. Between hubby and I we had 2 parents in the hospital, we were both sick, and moved 2 of our children to different towns! Whew! Glad March is nearly behind us and looking forward to a calmer, more peaceful April.


The Dallas Quilt Show was marvelous! Hubby and I had a great time! (Well, I probably had a way better time than hubby). Anyway, I took lots of photos...click this link to view, or the link up above. http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=1964490012/a=102693306_102693306/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/.
I was sooo excited that the Salem Cutting Mat folks (see one of my previous REVIEW blogs for more info) were there and I was able to buy a bigger rotary cutting mat! Well worth the money. I also bought some fabric and lots of fat quarters (of course). The quilts were beauiful, and so inspiring. I was just getting over stomach flu when we attended the show, so we only went one day, instead of the usual 2, but I am fairly sure that we looked over everything! Can't wait until the next quilt show!!


I finished a comission baby quilt yesterday and delivered it today. I thought it turned out really cute, and it just came together so nicely. (See photos above) I especially love the fabric on the back...so cute! Anyway, now I have 3 more lap quilts to do on comission! But, unfortunately, those will have to wait a bit until I get our taxes done...yes, it's tax time and once again I have waited until almost the last minute! Oh well...once I am done with the taxes, it's back to the sewing room!


Also on my agenda...making some summer dresses for our little gbaby Lily! She is so adorable at nearly 6 months old! We had her for a "sleepover" (or as I like to call it "pajama party") last weekend and we had so much fun! Here is one of the latest photos...isn't she a doll??!!


That's it for now, but I promise to blog again in the next few days, as I have several reviews and other quilting/sewing topics to discuss.


Happy Sewing and Quilting on this lovely Spring Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment