3/11/10

Dallas Quilt Show

Sorry I haven't posted for a bit, but we had a family emergency and had to leave town. While we were out of town hubby and I both came down with the most horrific stomach flu in history!! Just now feeling "human" again...and relieved to feel good!

Tomorrow the Dallas Quilt Show (http://www.quiltersguildofdallas.org/quiltcelebration2010/default.htm) begins and runs through Sunday. Not only am I very excited to be going to the show, but am also excited about feeling well enough to attend!! I promise to take lots of photos and post them later next week. I know there will be some beautiful quilts, but I am also looking forward to seeing what the vendors have to offer. I am always inspired by quilts that I see at quilt shows, and it renews my love for the craft. And it's not just the winning quilts that inspire me...it's the fact that anyone who quilts can enter their work, and it is all genuinely appreciated by fellow quilters.

Hubby will go with me to the show, as he does every year (yes, he is wonderful!). He loves the art quilts the best. But he also appreciates a lot of the "art" that goes into quilting and admires a lot of the hand applique and hand quilting too -- perhaps that's because his wife loves to do hand applique!! ;) He is always so patient with me while I take photos, look closely at the stitching, and stand in awe of some of the amazing quilts...oh, and while I shop the vendors!! We always eat lunch there and sometimes run into friends.

Well, I am really looking forward to the show and the goodies I will find there. Be back after the show to share with you!! Hope to see you there...in the meantime, happy quilting and sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment