2/23/11

Baby Patch Photos and Janome Foot


Baby Patch

Label


Back of Baby Patch Quilt

Close up of Baby Patch



Close up of Baby Patch binding
Man, oh, man...can you believe how fast February is flying by?? I think I blinked and missed most of it!! But, March holds some exciting things! The North Texas Irish Fest is March 4-6...always fun...lots of beer...and interesting vendor booths! Then the Dallas Quilt Show is March 11-13!! (very excited about that!) Hubby has some sort of plastic model show happening the weekend of March 19...so March is going to be pretty busy! Also, I will be working on at least one commission quilt in March...just bought some more fabric for it today. It is a wedding quilt and I think I have finally settled on a pattern for it!! :)

Finished the baby patchwork quilt...yes, for the baby that was born in December! (See photos above) It was a fast and easy quilt to make....mainly fast because it's small, and easy because I used 5" squares! No borders...nothing fancy...but I think it turned out quite nice! I am going to try to make several more to save back...you never know who will have a baby next!!

FYI...my new Janome is working perfectly, however, finding a walking foot for it was a bird of a different color!! I had bought a walking foot for it...only to find out it was the wrong one, and the store doesn't take returns...it is currently posted on EBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260741530344&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT. It is for a Janome Memory Craft machine...which I don't have! Anyway, we ended up going back to Hancocks, where hubby bought the machine, and they didn't have a walking foot to fit...so we ended up going to another sewing machine store and finally bought the right foot! Whew! That was a lot of running around to buy one sewing foot!! So, long story...short...I got the correct walking foot...quilted the baby quilt and life is good!

Well, back to the sewing room for now. Enjoy the photos and keep those comments coming! Another Product Review is coming soon!!

Happy Sewing and Quilting!!
Baby Patch Quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment