9/9/22

RIP Queen Elizabeth

Yesterday was a hard day with the news of the death of Queen Elizabeth II. She's gone to the great Palace in the sky to be with Philip. I'm not British but I do have British, Irish, and Scottish ancestry and have followed the Royals for as long as I can remember. I've been to Buckingham Palace and seen the Queen's Guards, the Tower, and London Bridge. My heart goes out to all British subjects who now transition to a new Monarchy under King Charles and his Queen Consort, Camilla.

Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II

I have been searching online for a freehand embroidery pattern of the Queen and cannot find one, so if you know where I can find one, please let me know. I would be excited to do a stitching of her.

I am still working on my quilting room (it's taking forever) but was excited to receive my packs of threads (not that I don't have a ton of thread already) from Sublime Stitching today. I have been a customer of Jenny's for years and she is so sweet! She runs a great little company where you can purchase embroidery thread (which I love), patterns, and tools. Her patterns are contemporary and modern (not your grandma's) which is an exciting change from some of the older patterns out there. So shout out to Jenny!

My daughter-in-law came over for a visit last night. It's always wonderful to see her and I honestly don't see her enough. She is the mom of my 2 beautiful granddaughters (growing up way too fast), who I had over last weekend. We baked a cake and cookies and made a huge amount of buttercream frosting, which ended up all over the kitchen, but we had so much fun.

Mia

Leylia

That's it for today. I am continuing on my hunt for Queen Elizabeth embroidery patterns.

Happy Quilting and Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment