10/5/09

My Life Now with Lilly!

Okay...okay...I missed blogging yesterday and most of today, but for very good reason. Yesterday I was trying to get things done around the house so that today we could spend at the hospital waiting on our first grandchild to be born!! Yep...Quilting Granny Sue now! So now we have a baby granddaughter named Leylia Dawn (to be called Lilly). Born today, Oct 5, 8 lbs. 11 oz. and 21" long...and she is gorgeous!! She is like a little peach. (Photos below this post)

It has been a very long day, but mom and baby Lilly are doing very well, and Grandpa (Pappy) and I are so proud. We were up at 5 a.m. this morning so we could dress and eat and get to the hospital. Lilly's parents were at the hospital at 9 p.m. last night, so they had been there a while when we got there. Anyway, baby Lilly was born (don't have exact time) about 2:00 or 2:15ish this afternoon. We all got to hold her at least once (Pappy several times) and she already has our hearts.

I did actually get some appliqueing done on the Pirate Quilt while we were waiting on Lilly to be born, so don't think I slacked off on my quilting today. I fixed up a bag last night with some quilting magazines, a couple of blocks, needles, silk thread and applique pins to take with me to the hospital. I am working on the skull and crossbones block right now and it is coming along nicely. Of course, after meeting our precious granddaughter I have the urge to make her another quilt, which I am sure that I will do very soon. Well, I know you are anxious to see our baby Lilly, so I will get those photos posted while Pappy snores downstairs!! Bye for now.







No comments:

Post a Comment