10/12/09

Up Late

Once again, I find myself apologizing for not posting anything over that past few days, but it seems the annual winter allergies have hit me hard and early this year. Hubby went out and bought, I think, the whole allergy relief aisle at the store! I have been taking everything that says it decongests, relieves coughing and unstuffs noses...as well as doing some extra snoozing.

As you might have assumed by now, not much sewing has been going on over here in the past few days! And your assumption would be correct. We did have the great fortune to be able to go over and visit our baby Lilly before the allergy onslaught...we actually got to babysit her! Changed a couple of diapers (nope...you never forget how) and spend some quality time with her. I miss her dearly...and it's only been a few days.

BTW...it is nearly 2:00 a.m. here and I can't sleep, so I thought I would catch up on my blog!

Where was I?...Oh yes, so we got to see our sweet Lilly. Before we went over to see her, I started a scrap quilt for her. The top is nearly finished, and once I get back in my sewing room it should go pretty quickly. Her mom requested some more burp cloths with the Minkee in the middle, so I will sew some more of those up for her too. (photos forthcoming)

I have several ideas for new quilts, so I have decided to keep a "quilt journal" of sorts. Just a blank book where I scribble my ideas, paste photos and things for ideas. I think that is a good place to start, and will help me to organize my thoughts and ideas a bit better. Getting my sewing room organized is also something that will help...and yep, it is on my "to do" list!

Well, I believe I will try to sleep a bit now. Good night!

(P.S. - If you are reading my blog, please let me know...thanks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment