1/16/10

A Few of My Favorite Things

Ah, the weekend! Isn't it great? Sleeping in late, staying up late, no big plans...except for sewing, quilting and embroidery!! :)

I was just thinking about all of the tools quilters use and how much money we can spend on them...whether they work or not! So, I thought I would review some of my favorite products and let you know that these tools really do work. My plan it to do periodic reviews of quilting/sewing/embroidery tools for you, so that you will know what works, and what doesn't. Please note that when I review products, they are products that I have used and used a lot, so by my estimation they either work well or don't.

Sue's Reviews








Clover Thread Cutter Pendant
Keep on a ribbon around your neck or on top of a spool for easy thread cutting with no sharp edges.

What a great gadget for quilters, embroiderers, and anyone who sews! I bought one of these cutters after the 9/11 airline restrictions on scissors. Even though they have eased the restrictions somewhat, I still use my Clover Thread Cutter Pendant when I travel. I hang mine on a matching chain, and it makes a lovely necklace. This would be a great gift, and for just about $10.00, a very affordable one too!




John James "Sharps" Applique Needles, size 10


I have used a lot of different types of needles for applique, but these John James "Sharps" are my absolute favorites. I use them all of the time, and keep a good supply of them on hand. I highly recommend these needles because they last and are truly high quality needles.

Needle Grabbers



The first time I used these handy Needle Grabbers was in a quilting class. After the class, I went out and bought a couple of packs of them. I use them when doing hand quilting, and I won't hand quilt without them. These are a must have for hand quilters, and are under $2.00 for a pack of 2. I just throw them on top of my hand quilt project and use them as I need them. They are rubbery, so they stay where you put them.










Well, I hope you enjoyed the reviews and learned something along the way. Have product review suggestions? Just post a comment and I will review the product and let you know if it is a good tool or not!
 
Happy Sewing and Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment