10/12/22

Writing and Quilting

Hey there!

I just returned from the Dallas Fort Worth Writers Conference (DFWCON) and it was a fantastic conference! Not only do I learn so much about writing at these events, but I also get to meet great people. And since I write fiction in between working, being a Nana, quilting, and embroidering, I'm always excited to go. 

I actually met an author...cannot remember her name (I'm terrible at names)... at the conference who also quilts and we sat and talked about quilting and shared photos of our quilts for about an hour. I was so excited and so was she! She'd only been quilting for about a year, so she picked my brain about quilt tips. I'm always happy to help out fellow quilters! Needless to say, even at a writing conference, the highlight for me was chatting about quilting. LOL!

Next week I'm headed to Las Vegas (first time ever!) on a business trip and then definitely looking forward to actual vacation time in November. I probably won't take any embroidery to Las Vegas but will take it to Tennessee. I honestly need to look for "airplane" scissors so I can sit and embroider on the plane. Any suggestions? I've been meaning to search for some but have been way too busy.

The weather in Texas is finally starting to cool some (well, today it's 91 out) and I was able to spend some time outside with my youngest daughter yesterday. We made some bird feeders out of toilet paper rolls, peanut butter, string, and birdseed and hung them up in the trees. 

This was a fun (sticky) crafty project that you could do with your kids or grandkids. It's also a great way to repurpose toilet paper rolls rather than throwing them away! 

Here's a short video on how to do it.

We love the birds!

Homemade bird feeders


As you can see from the photos, we already have several bird (and/or squirrel) feeders in the yard. The squirrels love to raid the bird feeders! 

Viva Las Vegas and Happy Quilting, Sewing, and Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment