10/27/22

Las Vegas and Latest Embroidery

Happy Thursday!

It's hard to believe that the end of October is here already! Seems like October just began and Halloween is in a few days. I have a couple of costumes to choose from for a Halloween kids' party on Sunday, so I just have to decide which one to wear. 💀👻

I was in Las Vegas for a work conference last week and it was...exhausting! (You thought I was going to say fun.) I mean...it was for work. I'm not a gambler, however, I did play one slot machine...just for the heck of it...and after winning $24, I walked away a winner!💲

One thing about Vegas that I discovered is all the walking! Everything seems near enough but then you walk miles to get there. One of the ballrooms in the hotel where the conference was held was a quarter mile of walking each way. Now, that may not seem like much but when you walk it several times a day, the steps really add up. The good news is, I did get all my steps in last week! My tip for going to Las Vegas is to wear comfortable shoes!

Me in Vegas

Amy Pohler was one of the main speakers at the conference and she was really interesting to listen to. I was excited to be able to sit near the front of the audience and got some good photos of her.

Amy Pohler in Vegas

More photos from Vegas


My next trip is in a few short weeks for vacation. As mentioned in a previous post, I'm going to Tennessee for a Lizzy & Erin craft show. I'm just really excited to be taking a vacation for the first time all year! 😃

After I got home from Las Vegas and rested up quite a bit, I finished an embroidery piece I've been working on for several months. I was happy to be done with it and have moved on to another embroidery project for Christmas. And yes, I know, Christmas is looming!

My latest finished embroidery project

The printed fabric for my latest finished embroidery project is from The French Needle (link on the right) and the thread colors are my own. Most of the thread I used is from Sublime Stitching (link on the right). My next embroidery project is also from The French Needle and I'll post it when I'm done with it. It's a small piece, so should go pretty fast.

Happy Quilting, Embroidering, and Traveling!

No comments:

Post a Comment