11/3/09

Vacation at the Coast

Ahhh...I just love the coast! Hubby and I went down to the Texas Coast for a few days last week and it was so refreshing for several reasons. First of all, just getting out of town and road tripping is great fun! Second, we just love to go down to the coast and breathe in that salt air...third, it was such a nice change of pace for us! It is always good to get home, but going on a road trip is a great adventure. We visited some really cool places too!

Okay...I admit I did find a nice little quilt shop along the way, so naturally that made the trip way more fun for me! I knew there was a quilt shop in Rockport, TX, http://www.quiltscapes.com/  but had never been to it (saw it online) and when we drove right past it, I knew we had to go back and give it a look! Of course I bought some fabric (you knew I just had to!). But, it was nice nautical and tropical fabric and I had not ever seen it before. The ladies in the shop were extremely nice and I definitely plan on going back the next time we head down that way!

Another interesting place we toured was the Fulton Mansion http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/fulton_mansion/hist.phtml. It is an old Victorian mansion that has been restored and it was so much fun to tour. I took lots of photos because a new quilt idea it cooking in my head...can you guess??!!
The Fulton Mansion

The floors in the mansion reminded me of a quilt pattern!

Oh...and we also saw a replica of the Nina down at Corpus Christi, TX. This is a great reference for my pirate quilt (which is still in progress). I took a lot of photos of this beautiful ship! http://www.corpuschristidaily.com/article_detail.cfm?id=2817
Hubby sitting near the water at Corpus Christi.
We also went to the Texas Maritime Museum in Rockport, TX. http://www.texasmaritimemuseum.org/ They are currently part of the La Belle Expedition find (La Salle's ship). Of course, I took lots more photos...I have more quilt ideas cooking!! :)
Well, back to the sewing room where I have to sort out my new fabric!

Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment